Re: Help needed with focal point

>I have a 1.2 meter offset fed dish that I'm not sure of the
>focal point. Does anyone use such a dish with a helix feed
>(5 1/4 turns) that could tell me the distance from the
>reflector of the helix to the center of the dish? This would
>then give me a starting point. I have tried adjusting the
>focus but can't seem to see much difference. Any help would
>be greatly appreciated.

Very simple, Jack, just paste a few mirrors around the dish, ~1"
square, point at the sun, hold a piece of white paper in front of the dish,
and you will determine direction...and approximate focal point, then just
slide the feed in and out along that line for the best signal....

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....