RE: PCsat Test

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003, James C. Hall, M.D. wrote:

> I happened to look at my UI-View and saw W3ADO show up "via PCSAT" way down
> here in TN (EM56). That intrigued me enough to look up PCsat on the AMSAT
> site.  I have never used it. I do have a TH-D7 ...

PCsat is nearly dead, but 6 times a day for the last 18 months, it flies
over and sends a few packets down on 144.39.  Only a few wilderness
travelers rarely use that downlink, but it was part of the design.

PCsat will re-enter full sun on July 15th or so.  FOr about 2 weeks it
will come over you 6 times a day like a National Walike-Talkie DIgipeatr
in the sky.  Just be on 145.825 and it will work just like 144.39 for
you...

Just a long whip on the TH-D7 APRS ht, and you can send and receive
positions, status, messages and Email... ANd check the results on your HT
or on pcsat.aprs.org where all downlinks captured are fed LIVE.

TNX for the QSL.

I listend to a 20 deg pass of PCsat this weekend on a camping trip and did
not decode one of the several packets I could hear.  I could tell it was
digipeating me, but the batteries were so shot, that the packets were too
weak.  But if it lasts till 15 July, she will be just fine!

Bob, WB4APR

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

MIM/Mic-E/Mic-Lite  http://ssdl.stanford.edu/mims/