70cm Eggbeater Antenna

Has anyone had success using a 70cm Eggbeater antenna for receive while
using a 2m yagi tracking antenna for the uplink?
Was thinking about trying it for field day. The primary antenna setup is
for AO-40 but I thought I might try to listen to the 70cm downlinks on some
of the smaller birds (while the primary mission is working AO-40) and if i
could hear them, then I could switch over to the tracking array and try my
uplink.

W4SCO