(new) Getting On The Air

Barry and mates,
Congratulations, you exemplify the ham spirit!
You have 10 (TEN!) AO-40 ops in ZS?!?  That amazes me...and with all that
difficulty.  Here in the Phoenix area (pop 2.6M) we have...lessee...four or
five?  And we have our own Ham Radio Outlet to boot.
And how about Perth, VK6?  It can't be too much better there if at all,
getting-things-cheap wise (isn't Perth the "most remote" city in the
world?).  And I think there are at least 10 or 12 AO-40 ops there...what's
the pop, 200k at the outside?
Interesting (to me at least)...

Scott Townley NX7U
Gilbert, AZ  DM43di