PCsat Test

Today's PCsat test.

For fun I digipeated 2 messages via PCsat while it was over the middle of
the USA on 144.39.  If your mobile was on at 1530 EDT, it probably made it
to your MSG list (anywhwere in the USA).  Remember, we have this
capability to hit every APRS  radio in the USA at once.  This is a
powerful feature...

The uses to date have been for a few special HAM travelers in remote areas
(Alaska, etc) to be able to digipeat back into the terrestrial system
directly on 144.39 without having to rely on IGates on 145.825.  Anyone in
unique situations can request authorization.

Maybe during Field Day, we could use it to send some one-way messages to
everyone?  We cannot send the ARRL message (because isn't it normally a
full paragraph?)  APRS is best suitable for one liners...

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob