RE: Mode-B vs Mode-J

Pity, really. I still think there are a lot of builders.  Personally, If all
there was to ham radio was operating I'd never of even gotten licensed at
16.  Maybe never even became an Electrical Engineer.

My ham radio time goes like this:  Buying %5, Planning: 30%, Building: 60%,
Operating: 5%

The operating for me is to prove my building works.

My personal advice:  Build something.  It's educational and very very fun.

I hope Ham Radio never goes completely to the appliance operators.  If it
does then the Internet would be more interesting, really.

Fred W0FMS