Financial support

I used to have discussions with another ham where I work. He retired.

Listening to him was pretty depressing because he always worked around to
talking about death.

But I have to admit he made some good points.

I couldn't make up my mind on purchasing an FT-847 for sat work. I just
couldn't seem to let go of the cash.

His comment to me was that twenty years from now I might be sitting in a
nursing home, and I would be missing radio. And I would be saying to myself,
I should have bought that radio and enjoyed it.

I ordered it the next day.

The same thing applies to the sats.

Mike