AO-7 mode B

Is it "legal" (in the U.S.) to operate AO-7 in mode "B"? (70cm uplink, 2M
downlink... if that mode is still working.)

The AMSAT site stated that it MIGHT not be legal, because the (70cm)uplink
frequencies are now reserved for weak-signal work, and not assigned to
Amateur Satellite Service use. That information has not been updated or
commented upon at the AMSAT-NA site in months. A while back, I believe I saw
a post that an AMSAT-NA official had a document that was a waiver
specifically for AO-7, and would allow use of Mode B.

Is there something specific available, such as an official release, or the
actual waiver document for proof?

Thanks,
Filip Weytjens
ON4FK/W5