Re: Mode-B vs Mode-J VERSUS Mode-S

And Fred, correct me if I am wrong, but is 1269 allocated everywhere in
the world to hams?  I forget the reason why there's no L band downlink
but I thought it had something to do with allocations in some parts of
the world.

I probably have it wrong, but if I don't it would be  a shame to lock
out part of the world's hams with just an L band uplink.

73,

Jon
NA9D

On Thursday, Jun 19, 2003, at 10:06 America/Chicago, Frederick M.
Spinner wrote:

> Technically its a good idea, but I still think most of the AO-40 users
> do not have 1269 MHz uplink equipment.  So this idea, while
> technically good, does place a burden on many in the group.

-------------------------------------
Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC

Ham Radio Webpage: http://www.qsl.net/na9d   <- Updated on 1/12/03!!!
Digital Photography Page:
http://homepage.mac.com/jogden/Photography.html

"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original
dimensions."

                 - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.