Re: Re: The AMSAT Web-page

Non-profit organizations can actually make money.  The status depends
on how the money is then used.  The ARRL has ads on its site and the
ARRL is non-profit.

73,

Jon
NA9D

On Wednesday, Jun 18, 2003, at 09:22 America/Chicago, Jeff Davis wrote:

> As this thread continues (raising funds) lets all keep in mind that
> as a non-profit organization, AMSAT can't do whatever it wants to
> turn a buck...there are some legal ramifications of maintaining that
> not for profit status. I don't know if accepting Web advertising
> falls into a problem area or not but it has been discussed many times
> before and always rejected. Perhaps that is why?
Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC

Ham Radio Webpage: http://www.qsl.net/na9d   <- Updated on 1/12/03!!!
Digital Photography Page:
http://homepage.mac.com/jogden/Photography.html

"It takes as much stress to be a success as it does to be a failure."

                 - Emilio James Trujillo