RE: Moore's Law & SSB radions

Tony Langdon wrote:

SSB radios may not be subject to exactly Moore's Law, but they have for sure
gotten cheaper in real dollars.  I replaced my TS-440s, Icom 271H and 471H
with a single Kenwood TS-2000.  The 440s (new) cost me $1,250 something like
15-20 years ago.  I picked up the Icom's (used) for about the same price
five or six years ago.  Just over a year ago I got a new TS-2000 for $1,800.

Yes, but the same Kenwood here is on the wrong side of $4000 over here,
which is probably ten times the budget I can allocate to new radio equipment
at this time (got too many commitments, and my "build up phase" only
finished a couple of years ago).

If I had the ability to put up Yagis for terrestrial SSB, then VHF/UHF SSB
would be much easier to justify, hence the big dollars are going to be
pointed toweards a suitable piece of real estate to plant a tower in... :-)