new ham

just got into ham radio because of IRLP and Echolink, once i got in i saw
that i could contact the iss from my 2-meter radio. then while searching the
internet for information on iss i cam across amsat. I would like to get onto
a satilite, but all i could get is a single band radio, and NOT SSB, an FM
radio. I would like to work the satilites, and if i could, I could probably
bring at least one friend into the hobby.

I would also like to know of some inexpensive equipment to start working the
satilites, thinking of getting a mobile all-band all-mode radio

Josh
VA7JAJ
va7jaj@ve7ept.#NWBC.BC.CAN.NOAM
IRLP node 1470