Re: Financial support

I agree, William.  The best way to do what you suggest is to get a
project like Eagle launched.  If it's losing steam, that's a bad thing.
  The concept is beautiful and with the size and feature set, it should
not theoretically take that long to get it ready for launch.  Getting a
launch is another thing....Its the "build it and they will come" theory.

We need a fully successful (or nearly so) HEO bird bad.  Having both
Eagle and P3E would be even better!

73,

Jon
NA9D

On Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003, at 20:19 America/Chicago, William M Davis
wrote:

> This type of thinking will only kill Amsat and Armature satellites,
> Amsat
> should concentrate on keeping the members it already has and regaining
> the
> members it lost after the disaster of Ao-40

>>> for
>>> P3D. Contributing to a general fund is something I already do through
> the
>>> dues, ... though I note that this really just pays the running costs
>>> of
>>> AMSAT, not funding projects, perhaps the BOD should consider raising
>>> the
>>> dues to include a project contribution.
>>>
>>> When AMSAT-NA starts a named "Eagle" fund, and advertises it, then
>>> I'll
>>> support it, but I won't join the "President's Club", ...
>>>
>>> I fear that the momentum for Eagle is being lost, ... which is not
>>> the
>>> case
>>> for AMSAT-DL's P3Express!
>>>
>>> Perhaps that is where us high-Earth-orbit folks should be sending the
>>> cash!
>>>
>>> My 2 cents
>>> Paul, VP9MU

-------------------------------------
Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC

Ham Radio Webpage: http://www.qsl.net/na9d   <- Updated on 1/12/03!!!
Digital Photography Page:
http://homepage.mac.com/jogden/Photography.html

"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original
dimensions."

                 - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.