Future Sats: L/U

This is probably the oldest argument I remember on this reflector.  Easier
sats to get people interested, or push the envelope to higher and higher
frequencies, and smaller antennas.  Almost as bad as the FM bird thingie....

The two groups are becoming more divided.  But I am like the cat, I don't
care one way or the other.

At this point in my life, I don't have the time to
build-assemble-experiment.  When I have the time, I want to turn a radio on
and talk to someone, or maybe just listen.  At the urging of some members, I
got the BBQ grill and 3733 stuff.  It worked, sorta.  But not real well.  So
I got the LNA pre-amp, and a bigger dish.  In 18 months I have not had the
time to put it up.

Then the fights started about if you couldn't hear good enough, you were
uplinking too much power to compensate and setting off lela.  So rather than
upset the BIG-EARED ones, I quit using AO-40.  I got my VUCC on satellite
using other birds, then lost interest so much I didn't even send it in.  If
the next sat up is a good analog V/U or U/V system, I will again become
active.  If not, I will probably take it all down.  I can use that tower
space for a better HF antenna.

The good news is, someone could then buy it all, and maybe have more time
and better luck.

Just my opinion.  I don't care which way it goes, I have a plan for either.
No loss for AMSAT, I have not been a big contributor anyway.

Mike.  KD9KC
El Paso, TX.