Re: Financial support

Hi Ken:

You raise some excellent points.  I have been an AMSAT member for a
grand total of only one year.  When you mentioned the President's Club,
I had to grab my issue of the AMSAT Journal to find it.  There, on the
inside cover, was the whole deal. I think the difference was that the
Diamond Club was tied to membership dues - it was just easier to write
a bit bigger check for both membership renewal (I'm not a Life Member)
and Diamond Club.  I believe they actually had a separate mailing to
solicit funds which, I admit, I chucked.  However, since you pointed it
out, I will be sending my check - I like one time checks, not monthly.
I believe it's a matter of HOW you solicit and market and package it
that makes the difference.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL