Re: Re: Financial support

You talk a lot of sense....

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Glasbrenner" <glasbrenner@mindspring.com>
To: "Paul Willmott" <pwillmott@northrock.bm>; "Ken Chaffee,WA1QXR"
<WA1QXR@AMSAT.Org>; "amsat-bb" <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 5:34 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [amsat-bb] Financial support

> Perhaps we should drop Eagle entirely, divert those funds already
earmarked to P3E, and build a LEO linear transponder satellite for
beginners, but not FM, something like RS-10 or RS-12 was. Mode A, or A/B
perhaps. Ops with a newer 160-to 432 rigs and a 50 dollar HTX-100 could then
operate a real satellite without learning all the bad habits and
disapointments many new users often find UO-14 to be, and can make a
progression both in complexity and equipment from Mode A to Mode B to Mode
U/S.