From: Paul Willmott <pwillmott@northrock.bm>
Sent: 06/17/03 05:55 PM
To: "Ken Chaffee,WA1QXR" <WA1QXR@AMSAT.Org>, amsat-bb <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Financial support

> There are some of us that do not like the concept of the "President's
Club",
... a club which can be considered elitist. Also I prefer to direct my
contributions directly to those projects that interest me, ... as I did
for
P3D. Contributing to a general fund is something I already do through the
dues, ... though I note that this really just pays the running costs of
AMSAT, not funding projects, perhaps the BOD should consider raising the
dues to include a project contribution.

When AMSAT-NA starts a named "Eagle" fund, and advertises it, then I'll
support it, but I won't join the "President's Club", ...

I fear that the momentum for Eagle is being lost, ... which is not the
case
for AMSAT-DL's P3Express!

Perhaps that is where us high-Earth-orbit folks should be sending the
cash!

My 2 cents
Paul, VP9MU