From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On
Behalf Of Richard A Meuse
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 3:58 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] June 21 event for aerospace addicts: Air & Space Day
2003

I hope this may be of interest to anyone on this list in and around the
Boston area. I hope to be on AO-40 while at this event and looking for
anyone who can help out at the AMSAT booth.

Rick N1HID

AIR & SPACE DAY 2003
June 21, 2003 from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Livingston Recreational Field, Livingston St., Tewksbury, MA

AIR & SPACE DAY 2003 is a free, fun, family, educational event, created
show children that science, math, and history can be fun. Optional
donations
will be used to build an observatory for Tewksbury schools.

Invited Guests
. Dick Gordon                  Gemini XI and Apollo XII Astronaut
. John Dobson                  Inventor of the Dobsonian telescope
. Lt. Col. Mike Stockwell    Dual qualified jet and helicopter pilot
. Cliff Reed                       Tuskegee Airman (pilot 332nd Squadron
WWII
)
. Arlene Marland             Pilot, The Ninetynines aircraft ferry
squadron
WWII
. Jessa Piaia                      Amelia Earhart Impersonator
. Don "Dr. Flush" Rethke   Inventor of the space shuttle toilets

Planned Events & Displays
. 10 hot air balloons, including the largest freeform Hot air balloon in
the
world
. Blimp - Kermit Kraft 1 - gondola
. NASA Glenn Research Center  Mobile Aeronautics Education Laboratory
. F-22 attack jet flight simulator
. Skydivers - 2 jumps - All female skydiving team
. Paragliders, including a powered paraglider smoke show
. Ultralights
. Hang Gliders
. 9 helicopters, including State Police, Coast guard, National guard, TV

channels
       4, 5 and 7, and helicopter rides
. Model Rocket Launching Clinic - 300 kits
. Radio Control and Control-line flying model airplanes
. StarLab planetarium
. Astronomy and Telescope Making ( stargazing party now planned for
       8:00pm to 10:00pm )
. FAA Portable Control Tower
. Boston Museum of Science display
. Universe Productions  DVD tour of the solar system
. Apollo Space Suit
. Paper Airplane Making
. American Radio Relay League - Ham radio, with Kids' Day special event
station
. Robotics demo (Lawrence and Lowell high schools )
. Gyro Ring Ride
. Concessions
. Bounce houses
. Rocket car

Colleges
. WPI     MIT     Harvard     BU     Northeastern     Daniel Webster
College

Authors Row
. Authors of Space and Aviation books  including 1000 "make your own
       Hovercraft" books being given to children (donated by Lockheed)

There's more detail, as well as updates to th participant list as more
are
added, at:: http://spacemanning.net/sd2003.htm