Schematic capture & PCB creation software

Hello Howard,

Check the following site for wide range of PCB CAD/CAM software,

http://www.olimex.com/pcb/dtools.html

 From a purely personal opinion, I would go for Eagle,

http://www.cadsoft.de/

http://www.puresoft.co.uk/eagle/

It allows you do  desktop fabrication of PCBs,
and a freeware version limited to PCBs of about 10cmx15cm is available.

A good resource for all PCB information is,

http://www.everythingpcb.com/index.htm

73,
Andrew(5Z4FT)