Re: Schematic capture & PCB creation software

Hi Howard,

For the past several years I have been using an old DOS program from
PROTEL.  I think it was their primary program for commercial boards at
one time.  They have made it freeware on their web site and it is
available on several other sites as well.  The primary drawback is that
it has limited printer support but I did find a driver for HP lasers on
the web and since I have an old IIP, it worked out well for me.  I seem
to remember that there are a couple of different downloads for the
program and one has a very good tutorial with it.  The interface is
"clunky" by todays windows standards but then so am I!

73 de Jess - W4MVB