Re: FO-29 operational

Masahiro Arai wrote:
> JARL FO-29 command team succeeded in recovering FO-29 at 0530z 16th
> June. Now FO-29 is sending loud CW beacon. Transponder is also
> available. The command team said the problem is likely to be caused
> by the recent major solar flares.

That is great news!
I just worked a northbound US pass starting at about 0740z Tuesday
morning and the beacon was nice and strong, and I was strong on the
downlink.  Unfortunately I was the only one on :(  As someone else
noted, there was fairly strong fades, but those were the same as had
been observed before the "event"

Glad to see it back!

73
Jim Walls - K6CCC