Schematic capture & PCB creation software

Folks

I have a couple of satellite related projects I'd like to commit to PCB. Now
although I've built tons of stuff, my own designs only ever get to see
perfboard because I have almost no knwoledge of PCB creation.

So I have two questions.

(a) What reasonably priced schematic capture and PCB artwork generating
packages are recommended for small projects?

(b) What is the recommended way of producing very small volume double-sided
PCBs in the shack?

73 Howard G6LVB