Re: Nominations for the AMSAT Board of Directors - REPLY -

I fully agree with this ! This hits to the heart of this aspect of our
hobby - "no bucks, no Buck Rogers".  I think it will take more PR and
investment in marketing. I can't tell you the number of fellow hams I
have talked to and exclaimed my new interest / activity in the sat ops
only to get a response of  "it's too expensive to get into".  It's like
anything else in this, or any other, hobby - you can spend anything you
want to on it.  I started out with an Arrow antenna, an HT, and a brick
amp on SO-35 ... and I have never looked back.  Some way needs to be
found to inspire those interested in sat ops to give to the cause -
maybe something like the ARRL Diamond Club.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL