RE: Low Cost GPS Handheld?

Yes, I have.

They are good enough for what they are.  And while not against them, I would
not want one while hiking.

They do not receive the sats as well as a dedicated unit.  Also, they are
non-functional without the palm (unless something else has just hit the
market), Third, they take both hands to operate again.  One to hold/support
the palm, the other to pen the palm.

Also, harder to carry and keep sat lock, at least for me.  I didn't want my
palm exposed on my shoulder the entire hike.

Personal preference.  They work.  I like the size/weight of the E-trex.  On
a tough hike, every ounce counts.

Mike.  KD9KC
El Paso, TX.