ANNUAL JEWELRY CONTEST

                AMSAT ANNUAL JEWELRY CONTEST

  We are revisiting the annual AMSAT jewelry contest, with the winner to be
announced at the convention in Toronto this fall.  Everyone is entitled to
one entry.  Duplicate submissions will result in a void.  You DO NOT have
to be present at the convention to win.  E-mail, letter, telephone or on
the air contacts are all acceptable.

      This is the ninth annual contest after a short absence.  Leanore,
KA6UCD, refuses to be seen in public, wearing jewelry in any other place
than those she has
she has previously modeled!!

So this year we will repeat with a lavalier to follow up on the first
contest won by Franklin Antonio.  He correctly identified that piece of
jewelry as coming from an ignition module of an 1982 Oldsmobile.

This narrative lav03.txt and a picture lav03.jpg can be seen at:

http://home.san.rr.com/doguimont/uploads

THE CONTEST:

1.  Describe as accurately as you can the source of the lavalier.

2.  In the event of a tie, the tie breaker will be: estimate the resistance
in           ohms, in decimal, of the total wire in the windings assuming
all segments are in     series.  The wire is enameled copper, .010" in
diameter.

3.  We will answer any questions concerning the rules, but NONE concerning
other
     descriptions of the lavalier.

Convention goers will have until 1600 on the day of the banquet to give
your answers to either Leanore or Dave.  Forms will be provided at the
convention for your answer, or just put them on a piece of paper.

Or, anyone submit your answers to wb6llo@amsat.org or ka6ucd@amsat.org

G:\jewel03\lav03.txt

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....