Re: Ultra portable AO-40 RX system

Hi AMSATs,

I have been trying many kinds of ultra portable antenna systems, and for
AO40 13cm downlink the best I have is my foldable dish. It is ultra light
and very effective.

A helix is not very easy to transport without damaging it, with a dish you
need only a little antenna, like a patch. A solid dish is also not very
portable and heavy, so I found the solution in changing the solid heavy
thing in something flexible and leight weight. :-)

On my web-page I have some pictures of my experiments and tests...
www.qsl.net/pe1rah

73 de PE1RAH, William
---