Re: VI6TI Grid Locator?

Hello Frank,

Friday, June 13, 2003, 1:44:35 AM, you wrote:

> Can anyone provide the grid locator for the VK expedition to VI6TI??  It
> would make finding a mutual window much easier with InstantTrack.

> Thanks and 73 to all.  Frank, K0BLT, DN81kq

I've checked my very detailed Atlas for a 1400km trip north from
Perth to Thevenard Island and found the Dampier archipelago. Thevenard Island
is possibly too small as it is not listed in that group of islands. The
gridsquare of the archipel is OG79.

Searching with Google gives many results. From one of it I read the
coordinats of the location  21.5S 115.0 E which is OG79MA.

I hope this helps.

73,
 Reinhard
 DJ1KM