Ultra portable AO-40 RX system

Hi group!

I would like to make an "ultra-portable" RX-only system in order to hear the
AO-40 this summer holidays in my boat. I have the following rigs:

- DB6NT MKU-24 OSCAR Converter (0,6 dbNF and 26 db gain)
-Kenwood TH-F7E (European version of TH-F6A)
-Icom IC-R10

I think I should use the TH-F7 instead of the IC-R10 because it is more
sensitive (at least in VHF/UHF ) and the bandwidth is better for SSB use (I
know that the handheld scanners have bandwidth problems in SSB, but I need a
truly portable system).

My doubt is about the antenna. I would like to use a helix because it is the
most portable antenna that I know (I think that a 2.4 linear Yagi is worse
due to the polarization).
I would like to know the minimal antenna gain that I need with this setup.

Any sugestions or experiences?

Thank you very much from Spain!

Best wishes to all

Pedro EB4DKA