Re: Batteries and airlines

> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:08:01 -0500
> Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Batteries and airlines
> From: Bruce Bostwick <...>
> 	[...]
> Well .. my major concerns with carrying ANYTHING valuable on an airline
> flight are these two scenarios:
>
> 1) Being able to get somewhere with my equipment but not being able to
> get back home with it.
>
> 2) Having a valuable investment confiscated or damaged because the TSA
> guys don't know what it is.
> 	[...]

Not to mention the advice/request for checked luggage from the
TSA Web site (http://www.tsa.gov):

	TSA suggests that you help prevent the need to break
	your locks by keeping your bag unlocked

Of course, my modest solution is to put NASA in charge of airport
security (the last 10,000 planes didn't have bombs in them, so
apparently none of them do), and put TSA in charge of shuttle
safety (a 14-year-old child _could_ use a dozen batteries to
attack the pilot, so we had better confiscate all 14-year-old children).

-tjs