RE: Batteries and airlines

Pre-9/11 I had no trouble getting gel-cell type 12v batteries onto airliners.  I haven't tried it since.  Some brands actually have a label right on the battery that it meets xyz regulation and is OK for carriage aboard aircraft.

Dave Reinhart
wa6ilt@amsat.org

Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 13:28:32 -0400
From: "Andrew Glasbrenner" <glasbrenner@mindspring.com>
Subject: [amsat-bb] Batteries and airlines

I've had no problems with my radio gear getting thru security, but am wondering if I might have issues checking a couple of 7AH starved electrolyte batteries. Anyone have any comments based on experience. I've read the TSA pages, but wonder if they know the difference between a wet cell and this type of battery.

73, Drew KO4MA