Re: Observed AO-40 FEC coded telemetry

Hi Folks

Initially I had the same problems as you had with decoding the FEC frames
with dpsk_demod. Although I still haven't had any success, someone has !

The problem is that dpsk_demod is synchronous and the data coming down from
AO-40 is asynchronous. Until a new version of dpsk_demod is available, if
you have programming experience, then you could write a program to extract
the FEC portion of the WAV file and feed it into dpsk_demod. This is not an
elegant solution, but the best available at the moment.

BTW the sample rate is held in a header file so it could be extracted and
turned into a command line parameter I think.

Jonathan  G4KLX