AO-40 Squint Angle

This weekend, I decided to try to optimize my helix feed using the AO-40
beacon as a signal source. I noticed that AO-40 signal got considerably
weaker after the pass band shut down as the MA moved from 130 to about
200 to a point where I can barely make out the beacon. At first, I
thought it was my optimization process but when I put the helix back to
its original configuration, I noticed the signal was still way down.

Is this because the squint angle gets considerable larger after 130 MA
looking farther away from earth ???

K7XQ   Jeff   Atwater, CA.
Grid: CM97qi
EME, Satellites, Meteor Scatter
JT-44, FSK441 ( WSJT ) , CW

144 MHz: 4 X 3 W.L. 800 Watts single 3CX800A7
Initials: 61

432 MHz: 2 X 9 W.L. 800 Watts 2 X 4CX400A7
Initials: 5

1296 MHz: 3.1 M Dish 150 Watts 2 X 2C39 water-cooled
Minimum dish elevation of 20 degrees :<
Initials: 22

K7XQ Homepage: http://www.elite.net/~k7xq/k7xq.html