Re: South America QRM?

On my first trip to South America nearly 10 years ago, in the airline inflight
magazine I saw an ad from a ham radio store in Miami. My first thought was
that there must be a lot of hams in this country for them to be advertising
ham gear in an airline magazine. After a brief time I figured out that they
weren't marketing the gear to hams.

Since that time I have been in quite a few of the little yellow taxis in
Bogota and a few other cities, but in most of them I could not get a good look
at the radio so I can't say what kind of gear they were using. The few that I
could see were not ham rigs, but I will keep looking next time I am there.

Dan Schultz N8FGV