Shuttle Retransmission

Dan Schultz N8FGV writes...

>The shuttle retransmission effort is still ongoing, but the club has
had a
>serious shortage of control operators, which means that WA3NAN has not
>always been on the air for 100% coverage of shuttle missions. The
situation >has not been helped by the fact that one of our most
dedicated and faithful
>retransmission operators, Joe, KU3Z, became a silent key a few weeks
ago. >The club has recently installed remote control equipment in the
shack so >that the control operator can monitor the operation from his
home QTH and >control the transmitters by telephone. This should help to
increase the >pool of available operators when shuttle flights
eventually resume. Any ham >with license privileges for the frequencies
we operate on can be a control >operator, you do not need to be a
Goddard employee.

EchoLink:

Solves the shortage of control ops. I live in Torrance, CA and I'd love
to be a control op!

I'd join the GSFC Club as an 'associate' with no voting or decision
making privileges and even kick a tenner in on the deal!

It also obviates the requirement for expensive telephone calls and
equipment.

I'm volunteering.

73,
Chris Spacone, KD6OUB