Re: WA3NAN

The shuttle retransmission effort is still ongoing, but the club has had a
serious shortage of control operators, which means that WA3NAN has not always
been on the air for 100% coverage of shuttle missions. The situation has not
been helped by the fact that one of our most dedicated and faithful
retransmission operators, Joe, KU3Z, became a silent key a few weeks ago. If
you have listened to WA3NAN late at night you have heard his voice.

The club has recently installed remote control equipment in the shack so that
the control operator can monitor the operation from his home QTH and control
the transmitters by telephone. This should help to increase the pool of
available operators when shuttle flights eventually resume. Any ham with
license privileges for the frequencies we operate on can be a control
operator, you do not need to be a Goddard employee.

We are sorry but yes, the website is very old and needs an update.

Dan Schultz N8FGV