Re[2]: Newbie: Is S2 TX "on" outside of schedule?

Hello Bill,

Re mail Thursday, June 5, 2003, 6:10:42 PM,

it is completely wrong what I wrote to you and the reflector. Before I will
receive flames I will correct my previous mail.
When the passband is OFF there is no connection between the U-RX and the
S2-TX through the IF matrix. The beacon only is connected to the S2-TX.
So you will not receive the transponder noise with passband OFF. If you
are on receive shortly before beginning of the passband you should suddenly
hear transponder noise as soon as the transponder will be switched on
(under the condition that the squint is favorable).

=+=+=+=+=+=+= I F   M A T R I X  +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Inputs
24/21
   L1
   L2
   S1
 C/S2
   GB
   MB-------------------+
   EB                   |
Rud-1                   |
Rud-2                   |
Lei-1                   |
Lei-2                   |
         V    U   S1   K/S2  X  Lei-1 Lei-2
                  Outputs

> Hello Bill,

> Thursday, June 5, 2003, 4:35:39 PM, you wrote:

>> I would read from the schedule above that the MB and S2 TX are on all
>> the time, and that the bird shuts down the input U RX outside of MA
>> 30-130.

> you can also read from the schedule that U-Rx is ON from MA 002 to MA 244.
> You should also hear transponder noise outseide the MAs which are covered
> by the transponder ON time.

73,
Reinhard, DJ1KM