Re: Wide area WiFi

If it's 802.11b or 802.11g, any channel other than 1 will probably be
all right, although the higher numbered channels are better.  Channel 1
really raises the noise floor right in the middle of the AO-40
downlink, but 1-5 are all in the amateur allocation .. try and steer
them toward 6 or higher if possible.  It may not be possible given the
requirements of their frequency coordination, but just make them aware
that 1-5 will cause us trouble in general and 1 is particularly
problematic ..

On Tuesday, Jun 3, 2003, at 16:29 US/Central, David Beach wrote:

> I have heard that the local satellite TV installer company and an ISP
> will be installing a 'wireless high speed internet' service in our
> rural area. I presume they will likely be using a 'high power' 802.11b
> type system though I'm not sure.
>
> I know one of the fellows involved and hope to chat with him about
> this. If they are using the 2.4GHz band and IF I have any opportunity
> for influence, is there any channel info or other thoughts that I
> could pass on that might help reduce possible interference to the
> AO-40 downlink frequencies?
>
> David Beach
> VE3STI

> author.