Wide area WiFi

I have heard that the local satellite TV installer company and an ISP
will be installing a 'wireless high speed internet' service in our
rural area. I presume they will likely be using a 'high power' 802.11b
type system though I'm not sure.

I know one of the fellows involved and hope to chat with him about
this. If they are using the 2.4GHz band and IF I have any opportunity
for influence, is there any channel info or other thoughts that I could
pass on that might help reduce possible interference to the AO-40
downlink frequencies?

David Beach
VE3STI