Re: AO-40 FD

At 11:18 PM 6/2/2003 -0500, Tim Cunningham wrote:
>While AO-40 lingers over North America for a long period of time
>during Field Day weekend this year, a quick run of the numbers using
>the current transponder schedule reveals about 4 hours of operation
>for North America.

Doh!  By my calculations and the current MA 30-130 for the U/S2
transponder, my operating window (from DN71) looks to be from AO-40 rise at
3am Sunday to transponder shut-down at 5:15am and 21 degrees elevation.

The bird has two beautiful passes during FD, but as Tim pointed out the
transponder will be shut off during most of these passes.

Any chance the transponder schedule can/will be "tweaked" a bit (or a lot)
for this special weekend???

David, ky7dr