Re: Beagle 2 Launched

On 3 Jun 2003 at 8:44, Jim Heck wrote:
 I note that it has two downlinks,
> one on 7GHz and one on 2.1 GHz. It has a 1.8 m dish.
>
>   Does anyone intend attempting to monitor its signals?

Signals to Earth will be in the X-band (7.1 GHZ) and those from Earth will be the S band (2.1 GHZ).

I think our ao-40 DC can received at 2.1Ghz but sensitivity will be degraded. Unfortunatly the downlink will
be on 7.1GhzLuc Leblanc VE2DWE (AMSAT 33583)
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
          http://www.qsl.net/ve2dwe/
C.P.341