Re: Smoken those Drakes

> Just can't pass up the opportunity to try and help!
> You can buy (insurance) to stop or at least help prevent those
Downconverts
> from attaining an early demise.
> SSB Sells  "The Protector"  around $50.00. Is it worth it?

I got one some time ago.  I figured that one day in all my excitement of
hearing that DX station that I would transmit into the D/C.  It was well
worth it for me.  I did try it with a dummy load to see how much it would
take but my IC-970 shuts down with about 1 or two watts with the protector
inline.....

There it works for me.......a lot cheaper than a repair bill

Bill VE3NXK
sunny Sundridge, Ontario, Canada
FN05ns
www.almaguin.com