Re: Trying AO-40

Ed wrote:
>That is why the circular calculator is so nice....it estimates satellite
>Doppler as a function of MA.  What I haven't seen discussed here is the
>fact that not only is there Doppler due to the orbital movement of AO-40
>but there is earth rotational Doppler and all Doppler effects vary with
>your latitude.  The circular calculator probably doesn't take into account
>earth rotation so there is a small error due to this.  Also we are only
>taking into account S-band Doppler and your uplink has Doppler too.  The
>complete mathematical problem is pretty complex!

Yes, and it also takes into account the downconverter frequency
differences.  I have one calibrated for every downconverter.

And no mention of the temperature changes I've observed in all of mine!!
And we, in SanDiego coastal, probably have the shortest thermometer, day by
day, in most of the world.   Maybe everyone else uses crystal ovens!!

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....