OT: TS-2000 question

Hi all!

a little OT about Kenwood TS-2000.
I have added about 2 month ago the optional 23 cm. card and all seems to
work well... the output power is right, etc.
Only one think: the S-meter on the 23 cm. band is not working (it's always
at 0...) and the Kenwood point told me this is due to a problem in the
software, but I'm not use about that... anyone here with the same problem
?
Another question: the modulation seems to be not so hi in 23 cm., I must
use a lot of  mic-gain or a lot of compression, any tip about that.. ?

Tnx and see you on AO-40.
'73s de Piero IZ1ERR