Re: Serial port question

Pfranc of Purple Computing sells a USB > Serial converter with a SIGNED
WinXP driver. Excellent, timely service.

I have two of them on WinXP machines and they work absolutely flawlessly.
They are cheap. 29 or 30 bucks. I've been using them for years on 98se
machines and with the signed driver for WinXP, I can now use them with the
other two machines.

Installation of the driver is a simple as one could imagine:

Plug in the converter with WinXP running.
Device detected by WinXP
WinXP goes into device setup routine.
Tell it to browse for your driver file
Point it to the location where you unzipped the driver file.
Choose the XP driver from the list of two.
Done

I have used this "com port" successfully for PTT control of EchoLink and
with a TNC with no problems whatsoever.

I have two 4 port pci serial boards laying around and have no interest in
putting them back into machines when these USB > RS-232 adatpers work so
well.

...hasan, N0AN