Re: DC to Preamp with ICE Arrestor

Hello the Net:

The ICE model 302 is a very good but complex lightning arrestor/suppressor.
Not only is there a gas discharge element inside, but I believe the RFin
and RFout are capacitively coupled,
with an inductor to ground. Great at RF but not DC.

This unit will not pass DC.

Simple solution is to replace it with a unit that only has a gas
discharge element and will pass DC with the RF.
SUHNER, and DIAMOND make  coaxially mounted gas discharge elements. I
got my DIAMOND units from AES
in Milwaukee, WI.

Complex solution is to add 2 each DC injectors/extractores. one before
the ICE and one after with the
 DC line jumpered past the ICE unit.

Stan, WA1ECF