From: "Don Woodward" <dbwoodw@alltel.net>
To: <gopalmadhavan@vsnl.com>; "AMSAT BB (E-mail)" <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Cc: <unitrac@topica.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2003 14:25
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] sat tracker with usb port interface

Gopal:

I looked back through the Uni_Trac mailing list to see what problem you
were having - I see that it was with AO-40 full Doppler tuning - I believe
your problem with keeping the uplink and downlinks together is related to
the fact that with Uni_Trac you are using full Doppler tuning (both TX and
RX) while other stations are most likely using full Doppler tuning (either
RX or TX) - this results in a constant shifting of the stations which makes
it hard to use when two stations use different Doppler tuning rules.
Perhaps someone here can give you some tips on how to deal with this - I
just don't work AO-40 too often.

See http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/lamontd/kb5mu.html for a related
article called "The One True Rule for Doppler Tuning" by Paul Williamson -
KB5MU.

Sorry that I did not realize this from your original email to the Uni_Trac
list.

73's

Don Woodward
KD4APP