802.11b/g AO40 qrm?

I'll have a wireless card in my laptop in a few weeks. It will have 802.11b
and 802.11g in it. These are both on 2.4 gig, of course. I'll be using a
LinkSys WAP11 Access Point. My full network is CAT 5, but I'm adding this
WAP so I can use my laptop upstairs.

Anyone have any experience with wireless laptops? Am I going to have to shut
it down when I want to rx AO-40?

(Please no stuff about cordless phones or other part 15 devices...I know how
that goes...I'm only looking for someone with actual experience with an
802.11b or g wireless network and receiving AO-40.

Tnx

hasan schiers, N0AN
schiers@netins.net