From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On
Behalf Of Ted Huf W4ZE
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 7:04 AM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Antenna Aiming Calibration Using the Sun Question

I have not gotten my system on the air yet, waiting for all the parts to
arrive.  I was wondering the best way to check that you have the rotator
calibrated.  Does the Sun emit enough noise on S-Band to know that you
are pointed at it?  Is that an acceptable way of checking you aim?  Any
other ideas?  S-Band setup will be Kuhne down converter and James
Miller's 60cm dish and patch feed.

Ted Huf
W4ZE
724-873-5050