Re: Help Wanted -- 802.16 & WiMAX Experts

On 29 May 2003 at 8:23, Bob Bruninga wrote:

> A tid bit.  A friend of mine bought one of those 5.6? GHz phones to avoid
> the 2.4 GHz spectrum in his home.  But, guess what?  Although the phone
> is advertised as 5.6? GHz, it ALSO uses 2.4 GHz for the return link!
> Nothing on the box says that, only if you read the fine print inside...

Passing by a computer retailer outlet yesterday he pile up boxes of NEW wireless link s... router. They wrote
5.6 and 2.4Ghz on the box.and " Less"  interference   50% use of 2.4 is surely 50% less interference...

I think it is a new marketing way selling RF microwaves communications devices and when custommers starts
complaining about interference just launch a new BAND iinterference free device. As it is written on those
devices :

1-This device may not cause harmfull interference.
2-This device must accept any interference received

Under RIC-2 in Canada regarding use of 2300-2450mhz ham band they wrote:
"Transmissions may not cause interference nor be protected from interference from licensed in other services
operating in that band."

What a ham ticket give us more? If i cannot complain about interference and the guy on the other side of the
street cannot to,  why  not  starting  transmitting over part of 2.4 GHz? who will stop us if we are
interfering If "his device must accept any interference received"

Another question what is the definition of "harmfull interference" is the amateur radio transmissions are
considered "harmfull"? and how can we explain a non harmfull interference?

If we read between lines can we think someone is telling us start to use (transmit) on this band? or you will
loose it  not by any rules change in bands allocations but simply by the interference level.

When they will move to brain waves devices?

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE (AMSAT 33583)
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
          http://www.qsl.net/ve2dwe/