Help Wanted -- 802.16 & WiMAX Experts

I am trying to develop a project concept that might be able help protect our
Microwave allocations against commercial incursions. I'm sure you saw that
the WiFi alliance has petitioned the FCC for additional spectrum at 5.7 GHz
for 802.11a, cordless phone and other potentially unfriendly applications. I
plan to discuss the idea at the 2003 Annual Meeting in Toronto in October.

I also note that the WiMAX people (see http://wimaxforum.org/) are
developing additional applications and wanting spectrum space in the 2-11
GHz range to enhance wireless connectivity. If anyone on AMSAT-BB has some
expertise in the WiMAX (and related 802.16) arena, I'd sure like to have
some assistance!

If this plea strikes a responsible chord, please send me a note offline at
mailto:w3iwi@amsat.org [I'll be out of the country next week, so it may take
a few days for me to reply].

Thanks in advance for the help -- 73 de Tom, W3IWI